Nov 13, 2012

Anime Epiphany (3): Masumi Itou


As I was watching Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, I've grown to really like its ending song, "Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume" by Masumi Itou. The voice of that very song sounded very familiar as well. The slight, tenor screech (no offense intended) to the song made me think of the song "Blue Flow" from Haibane Renmei. Upon further inspection, the names didn't match. Of course "Heart of Air" (the vocalist to Blue Flow) sounded more like a stage name so I researched a lil more. Turns out Heart of Air and Masumi Itou are indeed the same person. 
She has also performed "Messiah" (under the pseudonym name, Hikaru Nanase) from Angel Sanctuary and was involved with Oranges and Lemons who perform the Azumanga Daioh theme songs. She's also a composer and songwriter. Not the most well-known, but I think she definitely stands out whenever she sings which works with the music whenever she arranges it herself.

以上

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I should listen to them one day.